What To Put On The Back Of A Business Card
What to put on the back of a business card? It’s very common to hear a ton of things about how to design the front of your business card, but not much is said about the back. If you’ve been churning out business cards while maintaining this same mindset, we’ve got news for you.
First of all, never ignore the back of a business card . Certainly not when you can use it to tell the world, in a creative way:
- What you do
- Who you are
- What you represent
Forget about simply copying and pasting a logo that is already visible on the front. If anything, it just conveys the fact that you lack inspiration . It’s not really the kind of favorable impression you want to make on your audience.
So what kind of details and information should you put into your new business card design ? Here are some ideas.
1. Link to your works
- People and potential customers prefer multimedia elements. Convey more entertaining information using videos or animations.
- Promote a video that emphasizes your brand, service, and product.
- For that, you can use a QR code or link to add the video. Improve the exposure to what you can do.
It is definitely an advantage for people in a digital animation industry. This includes videographers, animators, and film directors.
2. Put on a map
Brick and mortar business needs a good traffic of walk-in customers. If your business is hard to find or small:
- The back of a business card can be a great location for a map
- Increase the chances of people coming to visit your business if they are in and around your area
- It’s also a great way to make your business address look interesting rather than just texts itself.
3. A picture of yourself
- Having a face to your business makes it seem more accessible. You’re basically turning your own face into your own business’s ambassador. This gives you a greater advantage over your competitors.
- For a sole proprietor or even if you play a significant role in your business, this can be extremely vital.
4. Consider making a coupon
A coupon acts as an ideal way to attract more customers to your business. This is because it gives them something to look forward to.
- Offering people a sample or a good discount gives them an extra boost to try your items
- A discount of a two-for-one offer, for example, offers strong incentives for people to try your brand.
- This also helps you find regular customers.
5. Display your portfolio
- The back of a business card can be a great opportunity to offer a peek into your business portfolio.
- Pick one or two of your best projects and use that small space as your Mini Portfolio
- It works perfectly well for illustrators, graphic designers, and photographers.
- Or you could make a portfolio stack behind it.
Pro tip: Make sure the images you choose are clean and easily viewable. After all, the small space can definitely serve as a minor obstacle.
6. The motto of the company
- Your business card is the perfect way to incorporate a larger party branding .
- Post your company slogan prominently to attract the right attention. This can be essentially important if the logo itself is not enough to tell your customer what your business is about.
- This makes it easy for the person to quickly and easily learn what a business is about and what it has to offer.
7. Post comments and testimonials
- This is a great way to attract new customers.
- Having a positive review or testimonial, specifically from an acquaintance, puts your business in a favorable light. This has a more prominent effect if have famous people that endorse your business.
- Choose one of the best your business has received for your cards. This selects people’s interest in the right way
8. Insert your social media accounts
- Putting your social media information at the front of your business card can make things look too tight
- Keep the back of a business card to shed light on your social media
9. You can put in statistics
- Inserting statistics that are relevant to the industry also helps a lot
- This gives an individual idea of how important your business is.
- This inevitably increases the chances of them becoming visitors.
10. Turn it into a card stamp
- Provide a gift or discount after every five to ten visits.
- This ensures that your new customer will keep your business card for a long time.
- This also acts as an incentive to take advantage of your service again.
11. Incorporate a magnet
- Include a magnet on the back of your card
- In this way, whoever receives it can keep it in their refrigerator, office cabinet, computer or any other surface
- If well designed, they will probably keep it on their fridge for good, turning it into a mini billboard.
12. Add valuable information
- Put a QR code or a link that provides information about a special offer
- This ensures that the recipient reads and scans it
- This gives them clues on how to go to your website to download specific content.
- Put in text, giving them a hint of the advantages it is providing
13. Referral incentives
- One way to increase the longevity of your cards is to insert a referral offer on the back.
- This gives your customers a reason to keep their cards
- You also actively promote your business by word of mouth from time to time.
14. Simple is better
Less is more. This is a fact that can also be applied to your business cards. A simple design can really work wonders. Its design can be based on: ‘
- Your logo or provides information about the services you offer.
It all adds to the aesthetic appeal and appeal of your business card.
- Choose a colorful background instead of a flat color scheme
- Try wacky and wacky graphics that are specific to your industry
- Look for a custom item with prominent symbolism to reinforce your brand image
Don’t put in too many swirls or generic patterns as it takes away from the message you want to send.
There you go! Now that you know what to put on the back of a business card , use it to your maximum advantage.